It’s never too early to start looking at homes on-line. You can start you search right here. Our MLS search engine is accurate 24/7 with instantaneous updates from new MLS entries. Many other real estate websites claim to have accurate information, but only update their site every few days. What is more disappointing than finding a home you love online only to find out that it is already pending or sold? TE’s search functions are one of the most advanced and up to date searches out there! Our hyper-local features show you neighborhood level details that can cut your research time down by days. We offer the ability to create your own profile and save your favorites or request more information or showings with just the click of a button. We NEVER sell your information, but we will SAVE YOU $,$$$ THOUSANDS!
Get pre-qualified with a lender
Ever go to buy a car and find out that you know more about the vehicle than the salesman does? It is sinking feeling and it is even worse when you are talking about your largest asset and the loan that goes with it. There are hundreds of loan products in existence and a good lender should be able to guide you into the loan program that suits your needs the best. It’s important for you to find a lender who is competent and ethical. We recommend loan professionals who know their stuff and who take an educational approach, not a sales approach. Our professionals understand the benefits and obstacles of every loan type: Conventional , FHA, VA, Idaho Housing, Homepath and a plethora of other options. Once you are pre-qualifed, your lender will be able to tell you your maximum budget. We will help you ask the lender questions to make sure you understand the process, their product, and their fees.
The True Purpose of Buyer’s Agent
Even if you can get a loan for $200,000 you may decide that $150,000 is your maximum budget. If you speak to a real estate agent who tries to pressure you into a higher price then run away – FAST! They aren’t stuck with the payments for the next 30 years, you are! Find an agent that makes you feel comfortable in your budget. TE Agents are here to educate you on what your budget can buy in each area, and the pros and cons of those areas. Make sure you select an agent that you trust; it is far better to have an agent who is a teacher than a salesperson. We will be your advocate during this process and we want you to be comfortable and confident in your purchase.
Write an offer
When you have found the perfect house your agent will help you draft an offer catered toward your needs. They will explain the entire offer process to you. Perhaps most importantly, they will help you determine and negotiate for the best price possible! They will have you sign the necessary paperwork (offer, property disclosure, lead paint if applicable….) and collect your earnest money. Your agent will present your offer to the listing agent and negotiate on your behalf. Perhaps you guys counter offer back and forth a couple times, and then finally you come to a meeting of the minds. You have a deal!!!! Whoohoo!
Your real estate agent will set up a home inspection for you. You should attend because most inspectors will do much more explaining in person, and they often will give you maintenance tips. Our inspectors leave no stone unturned, they go in the crawl space, in the attic, on the roof, they check the plumbing, the electrical, the HVAC, the framing, the foundation and a thousand other items. They should find problems, after all no home is perfect – even new homes have something forgotten or not working. After the inspection you will decide whether you want to cancel the contract, buy the house as-is, or ask the seller to make certain repairs (ie. Fix some leaky plumbing) in exchange for removal of the inspection contingency.
After the inspection has been negotiated your lender will order an appraisal (if you are getting a loan). If the appraisal comes in below the sales price you can back out or ask the seller to drop the price. If it comes in at or above the sales price, then the transaction moves forward as planned.
The escrow officer will prepare all of necessary documents and make pro-rations as of the day of closing (property taxes, HOA fees, sewer trash…). Your agent will check the closing statements and ensure that they are accurate. You will want to verify that the purchase price is correct, you are being credited for your earnest money, and if you are buying with TE Agents that the selling agent credit (the gift from us to you) shows up on the closing statements. The escrow officer will explain everything to you and you will sign your life away (again, only if you are getting a loan).
Funding and Recording
Your lender will transfer the funds to the title company who will forward it to the seller, pay off any seller liens, and record the property in your name. Your real estate agent will call you once this has happened and congratulate you while coordinating delivery of the keys. You are now a homeowner and you can paint tiger stripes on the walls.
Since you were smart and purchased your home through TE Agents instead of your neighbor at that big national franchise, you were credited 20% of TE Agents’ commissions. If you bought a $500,000 house that paid a 3% brokerage fee, then TE Agents gave you $3000, instead of a fruit basket. Now you can afford to go to Hawaii and give your TE Agent a fruit basket.
- Make recommendations on inspectors, lenders, plumbers, electricians, framers, attorneys, handymen, painters, movers, accountants, and a plethora of other contractors.
- Set you up on an automatic email notification where new listings and price changes are emailed to you daily or weekly. This service can allow you to stay one step of the market so that you can be the first to snag those good deals.
- Show you any homes which are listed on MLS.
- Run a comparable market analysis for you. They will pull up similar properties which are actively for sale, pending, and which have sold recently. Your agent will make necessary adjustments to give you an idea of what the home you want to buy is worth.
- Be a valuable source on educating you on the buying process. If there is something that your agent doesn’t know, he or she can connect to other tigers who can offer assistance or other experts such as attorneys and CPA’s.
- Draft the offer for you when you find a home on which you want to make an offer. We will also provide you with seller property disclosure forms and other documents such as lead paint disclosures if applicable.
- Provide all the contracts and necessary documentation to your lender, title, and the listing agent once you have accepted an offer.
- Help you coordinate a home inspection and then help you draft an inspection contingency release or cancellation of the contract if you aren’t happy with the inspection.
- Coordinate a time for you to sign at title.
- Review the closing statements and check for accuracy.
- Give you 20% of the selling side brokerage fee at the close of escrow. On a $500,000 house that pays a 3% brokerage fee, your TE Agent will give you $3000.
- Call you once the property has funded and recorded and coordinate getting you the keys.
- Save You $,$$$ THOUSANDS!
When you buy a home you don’t have to pay a brokerage fee – directly. Most brokerages will tell you that their buyer services are free. This is kind of true. They will sell you a house, collect the buyer’s side of the commission offered by the seller, and hopefully give you a nice closing gift such as a fruit basket. In other words the seller pays for both the listing agent and buyer’s agent. As a buyer, it is important to remember that just because you are not paying for it directly, doesn’t mean that you aren’t paying for it. After all, without your purchase monies, no commissions are getting paid to anyone!
We think you should be rewarded for being aware of this fact, and here is how we reward you:
We collect the buyer’s brokerage fee paid by the seller (from the purchase money you paid them) and we immediately give 20% of it back to you! Often, this is done simultaneously with closing and it shows up on the closing statement as a credit or rebate. The credit is our gift to our buyers and we do not give them a fruit basket. We figure you would prefer a few thousand dollars over grapes and oranges.
Assume that you buy a $500,000 house and this house offers a 3% brokerage fee to the agency who procures a buyer through MLS. If you TE Agents to represent you as your buyer’s agent, then we will give you $3000 at closing! It is that simple! The total credit is dependent upon how much commission is offered through MLS.
So, use TE Agents, then take your family to Hawaii with the savings!
We are TE Agents and WE will SAVE YOU $,$$$ THOUSANDS!